A Toxic Flutterby

 


Golden rays!

Ejaculation of the drawing sun

I was sitting there

On the riverbed

Admiring the evening,

As if it would never arise after

Fear of loneliness and darkness


Someone threw a stone into the river

I was reactless

Though there was an urge to turn back

And raise my brows

But I remained quiet


Then another

Then another


I waited

Ripples sat on a stage

Then it started to reflect a face like


She

That girl

In that house near the lane top

I knew her

With her curvy nose

And curveless body

Conversing eyes


A long time ago

I had a crush on her

But I didn't react to that emotion

As it's as far as touching a star


"Hi," she said!

"Me?" I asked!


"Yes, you!

What are you doing?"


"Nothing,"

"Hmm...

But admiring nature"


That's how all these things started


We spoke

We listened

We sang

We walked

We...

We slept until the night was warm


Everything I yearned for from afar

Everything I ever dreamt of

These everythings are within my reach


Happiness

A person to vent to

A bunch of bouquets

Love letters


She offered a lot

She bought things for me

Even without asking


PS 2

Linen shirts

Headset

Diary

Innerwear

Sunglasses

Perfume

And more


At the very beginning, I hesitated

But she gave assurance

A kiss on the forehead

A kiss on the nose

And on the lips and bites


I started to love these lovely gestures


Her parents were toxic

Her dad sleeps with a colleague's woman

Her mother spends her nights drinking in pubs

She was alone

Careless


I offered her a lot

Even without her asking


Shoulders to lay on

Warmth to keep her safe

Words

Flowers from the riverbed

Listenings

Meaningful nods

And more


She was winged to explore the world


We hugged even tighter

We walked even farther

We spoke even more

We slept all day


I was overwhelmed

I was writing poems

I was blessed


Then one night

After every cricket stopped chirping

We met at her home

As usual, her parents left somewhere


"Will you leave me one day?" she asked

"Never until my breath lasts," I replied


We hugged


One day I saw her with a rich man

Taller than me

Fairer than me

And far, far richer than me


Later on, when we met after a long time


I asked her why

"Why? In the sense?" she replied

"I saw you with another man"

"When?"

I mentioned the date

"He was my childhood friend"

"It's okay"

"Why so close?"

"We were talking"

"Is it? But it wasn't like it seems"

"What do you mean?"

"There might be a connection between you"

"Did you see anything happening?"

"Nothing! But you were close to him"


"You homeless shit," she said

With tears in my eyes

I slapped her

In return

She scolded me

"You scum of a dog

Even a stray would have shown some gratitude to me

But you

Things I bought for you, homeless shit"

For the second time!


I slapped her

For the second time!


She kicked my balls and spat on me


That's how I again started to admire golden rays


I was toxic that day

I should have communicated very well to figure it out


She was mad

But she was right

I'm a homeless toxic insecure stray


Sometimes love works this way

I should keep counting the minutes to be totally engulfed in darkness

And to think of her


Indeed

I'm a toxic bastard!


- Hajan Anbunadhan -

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

முத்தங்கள்

நட்சத்திரங்களடி

அந்தி மழை

காதல்

மோக முள்

இருபதுகளில் நான்!

அண்ணே ஒரு டீ...

ஆறாம் புலன்